Monday 3 July 2023

The Dude and his Kitty

I'm certain I'm not the only hobbyist that has a stack of partly painted or assembled miniatures sitting on shelves or in boxes. My stalling point is generally post-conversion - I'll have an idea for a figure (and often a gaming need), but then plans change and I end up with a converted figure waiting to be painted. Sometimes they wait for a few weeks. Sometimes it's several years!


Today's figure was built sometime in late August or early September 2018. I had a spare head from an Imperial Guardsman I'd converted for my Dracula's America in Space crew, and Ukko from Foundry's 2000AD range that I'd picked up at Bring Out Your Lead 2018. The resulting pairing gave me a rather fun NPC (instantly referred to as The Dude):


I suspect the contents of the bottle are cheap, nasty and very strong!

I picked some colours at random for his paint scheme. I'm particularly pleased with the nice magenta bottles!


I'm not certain where the bottles came from - possibly Black Cat Bases (sadly no longer in business). The conversion work was pretty minimal really - just concealing the join with greenstuff.



Completely unrelatedly, I also dug out the vintage Citadel Weird Fantasy WF10 Killer Chiuahua / Vorpal Kitty. No particular reason other than I found it and decided to paint it up! So now The Dude has a pet!


I think this is the smallest miniature I've ever painted and based individually.


No idea what I'll end up using this pair for, but I enjoyed painting them up.




10 comments:

  1. Great conversion, and the chihuahua is a cool miniature, that I have never seen before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kym! The little pet is really lovely - a great sculpt for such a tiny miniature.

      Delete
  2. Haha, I was to praise you work on the man, but the tiny pet steals the show! I love this pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! Just goes to show that cute and fluffy gets you right in the sweet spot!!

      Delete
  3. The Dude is a nice drunken bum for your setting. Probably out there on a corner postulating to whomever walks by, or no-one at all!

    Teeny dog/cat is very well painted for a sculpt so small. Am surprised you placed it on a 25mm base and not a smaller option?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai! I think you've got the habits of The Dude neatly summarised!

      I didn't actually have any smaller bases spare as it happens. I don't mind the 25mm though - almost accentuates the tiny stature.

      Delete