Friday 14 July 2023

The Assimilator - An Alien Monstrosity

When I picked up the captive fugitive from Antediluvian Miniatures, I also picked up The Assimilator - a fun alien monstrosity from the range at the same time. This nightmarish (but also rather cartoony) four-armed alien is a brilliant sculpt, full of menace with a dash of Monsters Inc!


A posse surround The Assimilator, hoping to subdue the alien and cash in on its bounty.


The paint job was super quick as I made use of washes and Citadel contrast paints on the fleshy textured areas. I gave the figure a spray coat of Citadel grey seer, then an all over wash with cassandra yellow. Whilst the yellow was still wet, I added volupus pink Contrast from the 'elbows' down to the 'hands', then drybrushed the whole figure with screaming skull. After that I added carroburg crimson to the tips of the hands and feet, followed by druchii violet. I also added druchii violet around the face. Finally I painted the eyes black and dotted with white, and painted the teeth an off-white. Done!



Really happy with the results. I'd like to try out some similar paintjobs on some other organic nasty-looking aliens!

10 comments:

  1. Nice work, the pink works well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I keep thinking it looks like a rhubarb and custard sweet though 🙂

      Delete
    2. Now that's totally changed my view of rhubarb and custard! 😂

      Delete
  2. Fun sculpt and a super quick paintjob that looks great.

    Would make for a good Space Hunt scenario target.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree - I need to get my thinking cap on and my Space Hulk set dusted off!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I didn't know the mini, but now I love it! Cool job with the colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many cool niche models out there - it's impossible to know them all. Cheers Suber!

      Delete
  4. Lovely, and I spot a gothic horror and a judge dredd mini in the background trying to avoid detection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Good ID skills on the posse 👍

      Delete