Monday 26 June 2023

WarFactory Ventolin Pirates Squad 2

Hot on the heels of the first set of Ventolin Pirates by WarFactory are yet more Ventolin Pirates! A further six sculpts, comprising 3 troopers, 1 missile launcher, 1 sergeant and 1 leader. As a reminder, the STLs are being made available as part of a fundraiser for Ukraine. Check out the details over at: WarFactory.


Well-equipped pirates enter the canyon.

Having really enjoyed the results from the speed-paint red and black colour scheme, I didn't alter anything for the second squad. I did have to introduce a bit of skin on the unhelmeted guy, but a pale unhealthy look was quick enough to do!




I am planning to use these guys as traitor Khornate guard in an upcoming game, but I definitely need to paint up an evil mastermind to order them around! I'll put that on the list of figures to paint this year.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice idea to have these as Khorne worshipers. I think these sculpts would also fit in well with a Nemesis the Warlock setting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dai! I think the colour scheme makes them flexible enough to be everything from morally-suspect mercenaries through to properly corrupt bad guys.

      Delete
  2. Once again I love them, the colour scheme has that V (the 80's TV show) vibe, and it's so incredibly suitable! Truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! I'm very tempted to make some 80s TV bad guy characters to lead them 🙂

      Delete
  3. Yes ... Suber is right ... there is that 'V' vibe for sure. Nicely done by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the critics like these more than they liked the 'V' series 😆

      Delete