Friday 28 October 2022

Five Parsecs From Home #6 - Psyker

 

The rag-tag crew of the battered merchant cruiser Psephonie.

The final(ish) chapter of this Five Parsecs from Home crew is the leader. I had originally intended the leader to be an Inquisitor, but I pulled out one of the brilliant Marauder Confrontation psykers and couldn't lose the thought of having a faintly ludicrous big-headed leader with a flamboyant fur-trimmed cloak!

Yan Tibbault, Human Empath

Five Parsecs from Home Profile:
Crew type: empath; Background: research outpost; Motivation: wealth; Class: scoundrel
That definitely sounds like the sort of small-minded weaselly leader with a taste in fashionable clothing and expensive trinkets!

Stargrave type:
Captain; Pscionist


I can't tell you how much I like this figure. He has a brilliant pose, wonderful cloak, and even a silly little head braid. Oh, and his face is fantastic too!

Painting wise, he got a matching colour scheme to the rest of the Five Parsecs crew - heavy on the teal  with some nice gold bling.



Spin-Off Project: More Psykers

It's been 7 years since I painted the first Confrontation psyker. It was glaringly obvious that the spin-off project from Yan Tibbault had to be the other two from the quartet.


Rather than give these a matching colour scheme, I decided to give them each a unique palette. I'm particularly pleased with the guy in the various purple tones.


The lasgun-toting psyker got a colour scheme informed by the Scythes of the Emperor space marine chapter. I didn't really enjoy painting him though as the model suffered from a heavy mould-slip - I did my best to repair the damage and conceal it with paint, and you can't really see any issues from the front and rear views, but I still know they're there!

All that being said, I'm pretty pleased with how they look as a group:


There is a fine bounty to be had for bringing in the head of a rogue psyker!





10 comments:

  1. Looking good - that psyker looks suitably devious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toby! You don't get to survive for long as a rogue psyker unless you're devious!!

      Delete
  2. Great paint jobs! This well-to-do captain seems like someone worth following! Really like the group shots!. Rogue psykers may be outcasts from from the imperium, but I like how in Rogue trader they were essentially adventurers. Good ones were still powerful in some respect. Cheers on another fantastic project come to a close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's certainly going places, but there might be an element of risk! Glad you like these 🙂

      Delete
  3. Elegant yet dangerous! Looks like a suitable combination for such a leader! The same goes for the other two, I do love those purples too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber - glad he appeals to your taste!

      Delete
  4. Great work on the three of them! That yellow is fantastic, but I especially like the red straps down his leg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bill! I wanted something with a bit of a colour pop for the leg straps - they're pretty out there and flamboyant after all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rogue Psykers are supposed to be clever and try to blend in with regular Imperial society, yet these fools are so outrageously garbed, it's no wonder they get tracked down by the Bounty Hunters so easily! LOL

    Fantastic minis mate. As always, everso envious, the Confrontation range was one of my favs and I regret it to this day that I got rid of a majority of my own collection years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So opera capes, furs and huge collars aren't inconspicuous? Who knew!! 😄

      I sympathise for your regret. The Confrontation range is phenomenal in hindsight!

      Delete