|Oh dear, you don't really want something like this emerging from the undergrowth!|
I painted the ambull up in a lunch break as it was happily already assembled and undercoated. I went for a very simple dark blue-green basecoat with a wash, several layers of drybrushing and some sharp edges picked out with the brush.
I painted the claws grey, mandibles bone and gave the ambull some piercing yellow eyes. You may not be able to see in the pics, but I did also run a red wash over a few areas such as the inside of the upper arms to add a subtle variation in tone.
All in all, less than an hour spent, and another nice beastie to use in my games!