A very quick update just to show off the display base that I made for Johnny Alpha and his companions.
I didn't take any pics of the unpainted base, so you'll have to make do with the painted ones! The base itself is a resin display plinth from Model Display Products. I drilled the three recesses for the bases, before texturing the top surface with sand and some pieces of a cork placemat to represent broken concrete.
The sign was made from a length of brass tube with some small pieces of plasticard glued to it, and the scrap metal on the ground was made from a few scraps of textured plasticard.
I painted the whole lot with grey ground with some rusty metal and rust patches, before adding a selection of tufts.
I attempted to paint a warning sign in a 2000AD style font, then added a couple of wanted posters made from some small pieces of paper and glued on to the notice plates. I figured it didn't matter if you couldn't read the wanted posters!!
I'm pretty pleased with the outcome - it certainly gives a nice display base for Johnny and the gang in the cabinet!