In my last post Jabba had his throne, his whispering advisors and a slew of dodgy-looking mercenaries / bounty hunters. He was missing a bit of porcine muscle though, so here are a couple to fill that gap.
Like everything else in this project, these two figures are based on sculpts by Bob Olley - this time they are Boar Men available from Midlam Miniatures.
I removed the ears from the original figures, before sculpting new helmets and horns. The figures were close enough otherwise, so didn't need any other modification (assuming you can overlook the hairy torsos and hooved feet!).
The paintwork was pretty simple - green with some notes of fleshy pink in a few areas, brown loincloths and some metal.
Jabba will definitely feel a bit more comfortable with these two chunky lads around to watch his back!


They look great - I was perhaps expecting some pig faced DnD orcs as the base for these (did Olley ever sculpt any of those?) - but these are fantastic, perhaps a bit more different whilst still being recognisable as Gamorreans.
ReplyDeleteI've scoured the web and miniatures catalogues for Bob Olley sculpts and didn't turn up any pig-faced orcs by him. He did do some D&D figures for Ral Partha, but not any orcs. That said, he sculpted so many figures, I may well have missed some! Thanks
DeleteMaybe they're so ubiquitous I just assumed Olley must have sculpted some at some point, but when I turned my mind to it I couldn't actually think of any either!
DeleteFantastic work on these!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Bill!
DeleteThese are a nice addition to Bob Olley Jabba's palace! I wonder if Bob Olley himself has seen what you're doing?
ReplyDeleteThanks Will! I'd love to know what Bob thought of the project - hopefully he'd approve 🙂
Delete