Back in 2014, when I pulled out some old Bratt miniatures and painted them anew, I didn't imagine that it was the start of a Confrontation obsession that has lasted twelve years. In that time, I have reacquired some old Confrontation favourites, hunted down unreleased miniatures and build a nice little collection of original Confrontation artwork.
The scavvy king is the last of the 83 'official' miniatures products for Confrontation by Citadel or Marauder. You could argue that the correct total is 79, and exclude the unreleased John Blanche ganger and the first trio of Jes Goodwin Adeptus Arbites. But I'm happy to argue for their inclusion! Notwithstanding that, I've actually painted 194 figures for my Confrontation gangs. I plan to paint maybe a dozen or so more to fill in some gaps and bulk out some of the smaller gangs. But the scavvy king was the last of the official Confrontation miniatures I needed to paint, and here he is in all his glory!
The scavvy king is peak Confrontation. Sculpted by Jes Goodwin in his pomp, he is a riot of details - tattered clothing, exotic weaponry and festooned with baubles and tokens. He requires a lot of planning to paint, but boy is it worth it!
I will take some group shots of the full Confrontation collection in the near future - I just need to work out how to lay out a suitable table full of terrain and light it for photography! In the meantime, here are some shots of the rest of the scavvies in action at Bootleg BOYL from the other weekend:
The scavvy king wasn't present, but he's now ready to lead his subjects from the front in the next excursion!



What a glorious conclusion to an excellent project. Well done, he looks great. I also look forward to the project continuing as we all know there is always more to add. Great stuff.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yes, always more to add, but I can at least call this project complete whether I add more or not.
DeleteI was completely oblivious to Confrontation although I collected and played Necromunda 95 when it was released. Those miniatures are revelation! Just when I thought I’d seen it all.
ReplyDeleteConfrontation is Necromunda's slightly awkward older brother I reckon! Less well known, harder to get on with, but with some fun aspects 😄
DeleteThe models are great - some of the conceots were refined and cleaned up and became Necromunda gangs, but some disappeared, never to be seen again! It doesn't help that some of these figures were only sold for a very short period
Holy moly, I haven't seen that sculpt in a long time... Fits in perfectly with your gangers though. Super excited for the Confrontation parade though sir!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dai! He's a stone-cold classic. Glad you like him!
DeleteThink you'll get all your 194 figs out for glorious group shot sometime? The BOYL pics look awesome.
ReplyDeleteI remember my friend having (and using) a bunch of the scavvy figs for chaos followers when we were playing 1st edition RT shortly before 2nd ed dropped. They were pretty cool to me then...I think maybe I'd only seen them on the sales spreads in WD before.
Thanks Dave! I'd love to get them all out for a shoot, but I need a bigger table than I currently have!!
DeleteScavvies are perfect as chaos followers I reckon. Shame they didn't hang around for longer.
Great work on a very characterful figure.
ReplyDeleteBill.
Thanks Bill, he's one of my all-time favourites.
DeleteCongratulations ! And good luck for the remaining one you want to include.
ReplyDeleteThis meader is awesome, you did a very good job here.
Thanks very much Brauwan! He was a real challenge to paint with all his details, but I'm happy with the result 🙂
DeleteGreat stuff! Your take on these figures always has so much character. Congrats on this milestone in your project...!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mike, appreciate it!
Delete