Tuesday 16 May 2023

Genius Intellect and a Powerful Psychic Mind - The Professor

I had planned to paint this figure up as one of my Five Parsecs crew, but I got halfway through before running out of time. Since then he'd been stuck part-painted on a shelf, waiting patiently for me to finish him off. Happily, I had a few hours yesterday evening, so it's another figure in the 'done' pile. He's the sort of figure that really appeals to me with his non-combatant / Professor X look.


I can't remember what range the figures is from. I know that he came in a set that I bought second-hand from Lead Adventure forum. The set also included some near future trooper types and drones in a slightly more truescale proportion to Citadel figures.

I envisage the Professor as being an inquisitor in the same sort of mould as Dan Abnett's Ravenor - a hugely powerful psychic mind, tempered by physical limitations.


I kept the painting relatively basic (the sculpt is a little crude in places), just adding a few little areas of interest like the oxygen and medication tanks and the red stripe on the side.


The model feels a little bit like the chair is tipping forward and the Prof might fall out!



I'm not entirely sure what he'll end up getting used as (and end of level boss who has a fancy lair complete with shark tank perhaps?). Or maybe he'll just spend his time chatting with other genii at the local science club!

"No, no! Garston's constant should be applied to 12 decimal places, not 13!"


10 comments:

  1. Great work on a charming and unusual figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. I do like that he's a pretty unusual figure as you say.

      Delete
  2. Maybe a seatbelt could be added for the image of safety or some sort of fluffy white xenos lap-pet to stroke as he demonstrates some evil plan or other? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think a fluffy white lap-pet would be an excellent addition!

      Delete
  3. That's quite an interesting take, I don't recall many civilians in wheelchairs models, and this makes it such a great thing to paint. You need a Tech Adept behind just to keep the machine spirit of the chair under control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there are very many wheelchair models either. I'll give that tech adept idea some thought!!

      Delete
  4. Love pieces like this. You never know how it will be useful, but it's a fun thing for the collection. I really like how his clothing is different, but the chair grey ties him into the rest of the science team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! They're pretty much my favourite kind of model really. Fun, unusual & interesting 🙂

      Delete
  5. Has a nice 80s Sci-Fi vibe and great paint-job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see him in an episode of Doctor Who! Thanks 🙂

      Delete