Tuesday 18 April 2023

Paying for a Life of Crime - Captive Space Bandit

Every so often you see a fun model that you instantly think of a use for. As soon as I saw the Antediluvian Miniatures captive fugitive, I knew it would be perfect as a game objective. Not to mention all of those scenic pics that need a prisoner or two!



The figure has some nice details, including the all-important wrist-cuffs:



I painted him up in a scheme that is pretty atypical for me - I don't often use a lot of green. He sort of reminds me of a GI Joe figure!


Of course, once you have a captive, you need somewhere to keep them. I'd had some 3D printed fences in a box for a little while, and this seemed like a good opportunity to paint them up too:




A few more bits painted, and more importantly, the basis of a prison break scenario ready to go!


6 comments:

  1. Oh, the mere concept is pure genius, I love the mini. Ha, you're right, the colour combo is quite GI Joe, but I do like it! We don't tend to use different tones of a same colour on a mini, and we kind of underestimate the global effect on the results. I love what you achieved here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber. I should definitely use a broader spectrum of colours on models 🙂

      Delete
  2. Very cool figure and I like your greens!

    The prison itself will fit in nicely with the rest of your terrain. Good stuff mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai! I was pleased with the green on green combo!

      Delete
  3. I love the stories your photos tell, top work mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jason! Really enjoy making those little scenes.

      Delete