Wednesday 2 December 2020

Choose Your Own Adventurers - More Machine Than Man


It's been such a long time since I did anything with the Choose Your Own Adventurers paint along with cheetor and Curis, that I'm not sure where we are with it. It probably doesn't help that this post showcases the same three models that cheetor posted about back in January 2019, so these could either be 17a, 18a and 19a in the series, or 20, 21 or 22. Or possibly something else if we're counting Curis' Inquisitor Hargen from June.




I am certain that these are the most recent figures from the Rogue Trader adventurers and other associated ranges that I have painted! Like most of the adventurers range, the cyborg and test-bed slave have been on my to-do list for a long time. These have the added bonus in that you can always include a servitor in any 40k scene and it will not look out of place - they are playable models AND set dressing!


L-R: RT test-bed slave, Talisman cyborg, RT cyborg

I added in the Talisman cyborg into the paint project (as cheetor did) - well why wouldn't you?! In terms of painting I opted for some washes over the flesh and a simple colour scheme with lots of metallic elements. Of the three, the test-bed slave is my favourite - he is a much finer sculpt compared to the chunky cyborgs and I like his (relatively) delicate cybernetic additions.


Added to the pair of Olley servitors that I painted a few years ago, these are the perfect new additions as mobile scenery in a game set in a cargo bay, or even as malfunctioning insane cyborgs that need to be hunted down and put out of action.


Another couple of RT adventurers ticked off the list is always a nice feeling too. I'll have the range fully painted one day!

6 comments:

  1. Nice - I've had that one since you could still buy the Talisman sets in an actual GW store. At my best guess, my one has had at least four different paint-jobs over the years too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Talisman sci-fi figures are great. I keep meaning to pair them up with their RT equivalents (pilot with pilot, astropath with astropath). I still need to track down the Marine though.

      Delete
  2. They are sweet. Orange is a natural winner, you got a nice contrast there. Pretty different from current servitors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber. I do love a bit of orange! I figure it works as an industrial workwear vibe :)

      Delete
  3. Skin tones are well done, good work axiom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I wanted to keep them unhealthy looking :)

      Delete