Wednesday 4 May 2022

There's Nothing Worse Than a Squat With a Clipboard...

I have found it a bit tricky to get hobby time over the last couple of weeks, but I wanted to complete something to feel like I'm still actively hobbying! I figured the best option was to grab something quick and easy out of my WIP pile. The figure I selected was one I had converted in 2017 with the intention of using as a dwarf Blood Bowl coach. I never made or painted the team, but held onto the coach to repurpose as a squat storesman or similar.



The figure was a relatively simple conversion from a Bob Olley squat. I replaced the cap with something a little less military and added the headset using greenstuff and a small section of wire. The clipboard is plasticard and less said about the new hand sculpt the better (it was done 4 years ago)!


I added a small cigar by inserting a section of wire between the fingers of his left hand.


I confess that I rushed through the paintjob a little as he's a backdrop type figure. The colour scheme matches a bunch of other figures that I've previously painted for my Orange Star Line shipping and trading corporation.





Hopefully he'll serve me well in checking in those consignments of grox meat and mung vases!



21 comments:

  1. Love it, I can totally see a game with such characters all across the board AI controlled and wasting PC's a turn everytime they encounter one ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! Perhaps even a physical form that the player needs to complete (accurately and subject to checking) before they can continue playing.

      Delete
  2. Nice conversion: he's a characterful little fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great character and conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Squat I've seen today! And that's counting the new Gravtriker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curis! Are we counting the Voltan guys as squats?! They're not even that short 😉

      Delete
  5. Always like more Squats on the board. I like the fellow, he looks like he'll take no nonsense when it comes to his admin duties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai. I've always liked the idea that abhumans live in and amongst the standard human population. Adds some nice texture to the setting for me!

      Delete
  6. Looks like he found a discordance in the cargo manifest! Cool job, I love how he looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Q: You and what army?
    A: The unspoken army of the imperium pal....the bureaucracy. Your request will be processed in due course....174 years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw man, I love it. And the comments are making my day: "Discordance in the cargo manifest" and "unspoken army of the imperium pal" for the win! He's a great little conversion. Somehow I need to get my tuchas back in the painting chair. Well done sir, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like this guy - it's fun to see hoe much his character resonates with folk!

      Delete
    2. I'm sure there would be a lot of folks happy to see your return to the brush Composer...

      Delete
  9. Love that you find a little time to hobby and you produce a bureaucrat! Great coloring and concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a funny old hobby, right?! Always space for fun incidental figures in my view.

      Delete
  10. I like the addition of the clipboard. And it looks like he got an A on his report card ;) All kidding aside, nice job for a backdrop figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that an A is the only mark he'd be satisfied with! Glad you like him.

      Delete