Wednesday 11 September 2024

Ulanti Reinforcements - More Elite Gangers

In spite of not having enjoyed painting the previous batch of Elite gangers, I decided that I needed a bigger gang. So I took some of the duplicate ganger bodies and did some head swaps / repositioning to give me some more variety.


In Necromunda terms, the trio above will represent a champion with a plasma gun (centre) and two juves or gangers. In Stargrave they might be a chiseller, burner and hacker. Either way, they give me more options than the first set of gangers with autoguns.



The ganger on the left has a pair of Stargrave arms, trimmed at the shoulders to make them a bit slimmer. His head is from a Necromunda Orlock leader (I used the torso for my Venator Leader) with the headband changed into a bandana,


The plasma gunner got a head from a 40k preacher. I had to sculpt the back of his neckerchief and also added a new hairstyle and one of those decorative panels at his waist. The arms are from a modern Necromunda Delaque kit.



The ganger on the right has had some repositioning of his legs (although in retrospect I don't think the outcome was worth the effort). He also got a new head (the one removed from the plasma gunner) and some Stargrave arms.


The new gangers got the same gang colours as the previous bunch. I had a bit of a nightmare painting the plasma gun though! I originally painted it metallics, then decided I wanted a plasma glow. So did it in my tried and tested blue, which didn't work with the rest of the scheme. So I did it orange and messed it up, did it orange again and didn't like it. So I painted it boring metallics again. I might got back and revisit that, but I probably won't!




In case you're interested, here are some side by side comparisons of the new converted models versus the unmodified original sculpts:

Head swap and leg repositioning (left)

Head swap (left)

Head swap and added decorative thigh panel (right)

I've still got a couple more Elite gangers to paint up - am hoping to tackle them next!

8 comments:

  1. These are great. The conversion work is seamless as usual, and they look totally integrated in the band. Pretty nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! I don't love this gang, but I'm trying my hardest!!

      Delete
  2. It's amazing to think when we started collecting confrontation models we were desperate to source any fitting arms and now we have all sorts of brilliant solutions !
    You might not have likes the earlier elites much but I find the gang to be coming out very nicely !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're a long way from ill-fitting IG arms or tiny Confrontation bare arms aren't we?! Wonderful times!! Cheers JB.

      Delete
  3. They look very distinct from their compatriots. I especially like the way the studded vest has come up.
    Bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill! It's always a challenge to make a figure distinct from another when they're based on the same original model.

      Delete
  4. Love that gritty Necromunda vibe - that reminds me I still have full Ratskins gang waiting for some paint... 🐭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Necromunda has a great visual identity doesn't it?!

      Delete