Friday 29 September 2023

Always Plugged In - Crooked Dice Hacker Kid

As I'm tidying up some loose ends, I picked a random figure out of my pending pile last night to paint. This time it's a juvenile hacker I'd intended to hang around with my other kids


'Next Gen' and Ludo, from Crooked Dice post-apocalyptic and Colony 87 ranges.

The figure is 'Next Gen' from the Crooked Dice post-apocalyptic Wastelander set. It's a really dinky little figure, but with some lovely sculpted details. I kept the paint job pretty simple, just adding a few details like the stickers on the laptop case.






I went for a colour scheme that should allow me to use the figure in post-apocalyptic games as well as sci-fi (it's an ideal model for a Stargrave hacker). The size and pose of the figure made it quite tricky to find a golden angle though! 

8 comments:

  1. That's a cool one, and as you say, looks repurposable for different settings, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really nice model. The paint scheme works very well for several time periods. I really like the stickers on the laptop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toby! I used my daughter's laptop for reference 😁

      Delete
  3. Great coloring! I agree, the little detail of the stickers is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hobbs, sometimes it's just the little details that count 🙂

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Kym. I'm a fan of what Crooked Dice do - so many great niche figures.

      Delete