Monday 5 June 2023

Recruits for the Spider - Helmawr Gangers

In December 2019 it wasn't my intention to abandon my Confrontation / Necromunda Helmawr gang halfway through. But global events took over, and the Necromunda campaign my group were planning didn't happen. The other week I was looking for a filler project, and that box of unpainted Helmawr figures caught my eye. I wanted some quick and easy wins, so decided to paint up a couple of figures ready to go, rather than work on the planned conversions. And what is more satisfying than painting a pair of unreleased figures to round out a set?



These two unreleased Helmawr gangers are sculpted in the same style as the limited edition ganger and general-release leader. There are four unreleased figures thought to be by Dave Andrews, whilst the leader and limited release ganger are by Jes Goodwin.

I really like the heft of the unreleased figures and have really enjoyed painting them. I think I managed to match the paint scheme with those I painted in 2019, but did try and vary the skin tones a little.


Very pleased to have painted this pair and complete the quartet. For those of you with an interest in these things, I have now painted 57 out of the 83 figures GW produced for Confrontation!

All 4 unreleased Helmawr gangers.


6 comments:

  1. These are great! The colors on these gangers makes them look a bit above some of the normal riff raff; I love it! Fun to see you go back and complete the set. Too bad GW didn't stick down this route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hobbs! When I originally went for these colours, I figured that white cloth and tan leather would be utterly impractical in the underhive, so would be a nice way of indicating wealth and status.

      I really love the well-fed look these guys have!

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you are back to this project :) The colours are sweet, they really make the minis stand out, I love your take on them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! It always felt like an unfinished project (7 models isn't really a gang after all!).

      Delete
  3. Great work! I really like those Helmawr figures and you have done a great job with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kym. I wish they'd had a bigger release - they're really fun figures.

      Delete