There's a possibility of me attending a Mordheim campaign weekend later in the autumn, so it seemed the perfect opportunity to have a break from sci-fi minis and do something fantasy (it must be at least a decade since I last played a game of Mordheim, and I think that might have just been a one-off game).
It was a toss-up between skaven and possessed, but in the end I went for a Nurgle-themed possessed warband (they will also do double duty as a Frostgrave warband). These guys are primarily going to be classic Realm of Chaos era miniatures, including some of the lovely Bob Olley pestigors and gorgeous Jes Goodwin sculpts. First up are my magister and warlock hired sword (or wizard and apprentice in Frostgrave):
| Magister (left) and warlock (right). |
Both models are from Citadel's excellent chaos sorcerers range. The magister is a simple weapon swap on Sli'ith Iron Lung, replacing the empty flapping hand with a skaven mace (more useful in Mordheim gaming). The warlock is an unmodified Hess Poison Breath. I like the shared aesthetic that these guys have with the 'gas masks' and pointy hoods - a motif I'm planning to use again across the warband.
![]() |
| The new hand was just pinned in place and the join covered with some greenstuff. |
I wanted the warband to feel Nurgley, but not rely on the usual greens and browns. Going for the dirty white robes gave the right vibe and has allowed the fleshy pinks to pop nicely. I'm considering whether the pestigors will get dark, almost black skin and fur to contrast with the white clothing.
| I decided that the weird-face thing was some kind of face-hugger type parasite. |
| Watch out for the staff - it probably spews noxious gases! |


No comments:
Post a Comment