Friday 26 January 2024

Flea-bitten & Feral - More Dogskins

I had hoped to finish my Dogskin gang over Christmas, but plans changed and they're still very much WIP. Nonetheless, I've finished another pair to bring my total up to six.


Typical gang behaviour - picking on the weak and vulnerable.

This time it's some duplicates of two of the armless gangers. Mixing up the arms has helped to change the look a little. I also added some shades on one of the gangers, whilst the other got a tech doo-dad made from some plasticard scraps, as well as a pair of goggles.



The guy on the left has period plastic Confrontation arms and a period autogun. The middle guy has one period Confrontation arm, whilst the autogun arm is from a modern Necromunda Cawdor kit - it's perfect size and style.

The third ganger (who I haven't finished painting) also has some modern Necromunda arms from various kits.


Painting-wise the colours are almost identical to the first set, except for placement of the warpaint and colour on the leggings (midnight blue rather than blue-grey).




Hoping to round these out to a ten-strong Dogskin gang over the next few weeks!


6 comments:

  1. I love how the different bits combine so seamlessly, these look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! For a long time I tried to get the old RT plastic arms to work on these, but they didn't have the right look. I'm glad I kept working at it!

      Delete
  2. It's great to see these join your collection. A cool faction that are a bit more unique than their replacements. Love the paintjobs you have on these guys too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hobbs! I always felt that the ratskins would have benefitted from a few more scifi elements in the mix - nothing more than the odd pair of goggles or rebreather. The dogskins seemed to have just enough scifi detailing to keep the vibe. And wearing dogskins is far more horrific than wearing giant mutant ratskins!!

      Delete
  3. I'm digging the warpaint. Makes me think of the warriors movie for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess there's a strong vibe - they are a gang with warpaint after all! 🙂

      Delete