Wednesday 25 March 2020

Strontium Dogs - Evans the Fist

Whilst most of the now OOP Wargames Foundry 2000AD range are too large to work comfortably alongside Citadel's earlier range, there are a couple that are just about scale-compatible. Like Torso from the last post, Evans the Fist fits in with my other Strontium Dogs. Plus the grumpy looking sod is a cool sculpt!

Evans the Fist tracks down Mad Jack and Hilly Bill.


I gave Evans another simple comic-styled paint job based on a coloured image I found on Comic Vine. Like other Strontium Dog characters, there's no real consistency in costume configuration or colours - Evans is shown in khaki or lime green or blue and white, or this natty grey and terracotta.



Like Torso, Evans was also a general in the mutant army who later became a Search/Destroy agent AKA Strontium Dog. I like the colour scheme - probably not one I'd have thought of, but it looks pretty cool.



Pretty much compatible scales. L-R: Citadel, Foundry, Osprey.


10 comments:

  1. Nice work he looks rather cool. I do think these make good henchmen in any sort of Sci Fi game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. I absolutely agree, brutish ugly henchmen are perfect for any crime boss type!

      Delete
  2. These all look fine together to me. People are frequently a head or two shorter or taller than other people in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree, although there's definitely a range that my eye considers to be acceptable. Beyond that I struggle!

      Delete
    2. I think it's psychological - I get it a lot with 15mm. Whilst in real life things vary it doesn't work with scale models. Your brain sees it different.

      These are fantastic by the way - love SD.

      Delete
    3. It might well be psychological! We expect uniformity at scale, even though real life doesn't have that uniformity at all.

      Glad you like them!

      Delete
  3. Awesome paintjob! The different miniature lines mix indeed very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skully! Yes, pretty happy with how they mix together.

      Delete
  4. That's excellent work axiom. Great painting on a great looking mini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you like the lumpy looking fella :)

      Delete