|Progress to date; pretty pleased with the overall balance and profile|
I was having a bit of a struggle working out how to use the hive. I had originally planned it as a scenic base element, but it was too big. I then struck on the idea that perhaps our Bee Knight carts it around with him. I built a little platform from matchsticks to mount the hive on, then secured it to what will be the saddle with a rope made from twisted wire.
You can probably see that I've done some sculpting around the joins between the neck and shoulder for the mount to make a sort of feathery collar. I didn't make this too refined as its going to be partially obscured by the Bee Knight's legs and feet.
|Feathery frill for the Tzeentch steed|
The Bee Knight is a little less advanced than the steed at this point. I'm yet to repair the join between the torso and legs. I have however added the structural support for the next stage of the head, as well as the rather nice beak face. I like the fact that rider and steed mirror each other with their long beaks!
The smoker is now finished and I decided to add it as a bit of gear dangling down for those quieter moments when the hive needs tending to.
|Smoker made from pen parts and plasticard|
Hopefully next time the build will have been completed and the finished conversion might be ready for some paint.