Friday 16 October 2020

Centauroid Alien - Uuti the Gomo Heavy

I fancied a little change of pace from fantasy skirmish figures, so had a root around in my boxes and pulled out the first completely different figure I fancied.



The figure in question is Uuti the Gomo heavy - a lovely centauroid sloth-like alien figure from Gydran Miniatures. I picked the figure up on a whim a few months back, and she fits perfectly into my Super Hairy Alien Mercenary Squad (what now appears to be an actual thing!).

At roughly ogryn-size, the sculpt is hugely characterful - just look at her cute furry face, cuddly body shape and weird quatrefoil beak.



Once again looked at nature for inspiration for the colour scheme - I started off with a lemur in this case, but decided not to bother with any black and white striping on that short stubby tail.



All in all, she was a quick, fun paint job, done in a few hours with primarily drybrushing and washes again.

16 comments:

  1. Lovely work on a beautifully characterful sculpt. The restrained high-contrast palette is great, and really set off by the gold and green accents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I love figures like this where they are full of character and enough texture to make the paint job easy. I wanted to go for something relatively simple for the colour scheme this time, as it's very easy to always go for bright exotic colours on aliens.

      Delete
  2. Oh, she's lovely. Cuddly and friendly. Probably a crack shot, judging from her expensive jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I suspect she gives lovely hugs to people she likes, but is more than happy to tear the arms of people she doesn't :)

      Delete
  3. Wow. Lovely model and great painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil! Really like you like the results :)

      Delete
  4. I'm actually waiting for the blog post where the Yuzzem is one of the minis posing in the background, as I'll know that he's really arrived when that finally happens!

    Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got the Yuzzem out of the case and was considering popping him in, but his bulk made the composition a little tricky! Next time ;)

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Different indeed! I love the fur effect, looks pretty natural! It's something I always struggle with, but your paintwork looks simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! I try and add a bit of texture from the brush work - some drybrushing, but also some selective lines of small dots of the highlight colour, rather than smooth line work. It's all just experimentation really though!

      Delete
  6. Lemur? I would have guessed penguin! I guess you have been on fantasy for a bit, but it feels like just yesterday I was reading about those stackable 40k huts you were bangin out. Man time flies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out there are plenty of animals with white fur and black facial patches. I was looking at lemur photos, but it could have easily been a penguin or a sheep!!

      I've still got another couple of those hits waiting to be painted ;)

      Delete
  7. It has a hypercharged Shaun the Sheep vibe, in a good way.

    ReplyDelete