Tuesday 20 March 2018

Two Become Four - More Tech Gangers

I put some energy in yesterday evening to finish off another pair of Tech gangers for the gang I'll be using at the Necromunda event next month.

Techs are cool. They even have cool creepy pets.

This time I've painted two one-piece 'stock' models without any modification of any kind - a characterful Marauder Tech, and the Copplestone Tech leader.


In my gang, the Copplestone leader will simply be a ganger armed with a boltgun. I plan to use the more showy Jes Goodwin Tech Baron as my leader.

Ganger Gould is clearly higher ranking than the two previous gangers, Celerity or Sinclair. He has a rather ornate breastplate, a decorative puff and slash right sleeve, and what looks to be a pretty swanky bionic arm!


Gould got the same paint treatment as the other gangers to date, with the exception of his breastplate which got a sepia wash as well as the black wash to suggest a higher value metal.

Although I've had this figure awaiting some attention for some years, I'd never really scrutinised the rear - discovering the little spanner and the slashed shoulder were pleasant surprises.

Tech Lore 101: carry tools at all times. You never know when you might need to tighten a nut.

The second figure is ganger Vigor. In game terms, Vigor is armed with a grenade launcher - after all, what else could his little shoulder-mounted missile pod be? Stylistically, the Marauder Confrontation figures tend to more exaggerated details. In fact they tend to more details full stop! Vigor not only has his little missile pod, but he has some three control panels, a targeting array, a huge bionic hand and ten pouches around his waist. Not to mention the fancy epaulettes!


Although he may be chunkier than the Copplestone gangers, I think with a matching paint scheme he fits in just fine.


The four gangers to date marry together quite nicely I think. I'm also pretty pleased with the fact that the simple paint scheme lends itself to pretty fast painting output.

Celerity, Vigor, Gould and Sinclair.

I'm still waiting on a couple of parts needed to complete the final two gangers, but next up should be a champion and possibly the Tech Baron himself.

Gould directs his fellow Data Kings* through the warehouse in search of tech.

*Data Kings not finalised as the gang name!


20 comments:

  1. My poor guys are all sitting on the shelf, half done, glaring at me. "Jon did his, why can't you finish us? Don't you love us? What did we do to you? Tell us.. TELL US!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your poor guys. If it's any consolation, my guys have been sitting in their box, completely unstarted for years. My scavvies are probably saying similar things about your scavvy gang ;)

      Delete
  2. They look great man.

    Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look brilliant. The paint scheme is very striking, they really pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr Saturday. I think the white draws the eye nicely :)

      Delete
  4. Wow you arent wasting anytime! These look fabulous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent again mate & great to see the difference between the two manufacturers with similarly painted models... The Copplestone ones are some of my favourite minis of all time, but the Marauder ones ain’t too bad either ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at your orange clad guys earlier for inspiration! I'd rank the Goodwin tech baron first, then the Copplestone ones, then the Eastland ones with the Marauder techs bring up the rear. Interestingly, painting the Marauder guy has shown it to have a lot more charm than I anticipated from the unpainted model.

      Delete
  6. Data Kings sounds fine to me.

    More lovely figs and a gang that is becoming quite a sight. Good stuff sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Data Kings is definitely on the shortlist :)

      Hopefully they'll be nerdily impressive when they're done.

      Delete
  7. They both look great Axiom, but Vigor is my favourite. His equipment is way cool!

    Tops stuff as always mate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vigor has definitely had lots of fun at the local tech store, picked some choice bionics from the back-street surgeon's catalogue and raided the gang's armoury. The result is way cool indeed!

      Delete
  8. I simply love them. The paintjob is striking and appealing. Nice choice of palette indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber. It's been refreshing to restrict myself with the colours - just 10 paints and 4 washes, which is significantly fewer than usual.

      Delete
  9. The gang looks good, really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're really starting to come together :)

      Delete