Wednesday 12 July 2017

Fancy a Nice Quiet Pint? More Fogou Terrain

There are many unlicensed drinking dens in the streets of Helsreach.

I'm continually on the lookout for more terrain suited to Helsreach on Logan's World. The backwater fringe adobe structures mixed with ramshackle tech really appeals to me.

I was really pleased to hear that Fogou Models had another, slightly larger building in the works.



The new building is a two-storey affair, again with separate doors and lift-off roofs. Mine was supplied with the 5 jars shown, which are waiting some details before being finished.


I decided to paint my version up as a low-rent bar. I used the same techniques to paint the white adobe, adding some colourful stripes by masking off the areas to get a straight(ish) line.

The beer barrels pictured are by the excellent Ramshackle Games.

The sign and doors got some weathering (sponges and washes again). I attempted to mimic the lettering from some of the Helsreach illustrations on the sign.


The Fogou buildings really are a dream to work with. Solid, easy to assemble and produced in an excellent resin that takes paint well. The texturing on the adobe buildings is great, as is the detailing. I really hope there are more buildings to come!


15 comments:

  1. Such a great cohesion, fantastic, I also spot an old friend here despite him turning his face the other way !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really enjoying putting these together and creating a nice set of terrain. Old friends do turn up in the strangest places ;)

      Delete
  2. I really like the weathering on these buildings Jon. Very snazzy indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy :) If you're a good boy, you can see them close up in a few weeks.

      Delete
  3. Looks great! Are you doing the BOYL Helsreach game with Curtis? I can only get down on the Sunday and wasn't sure if the narrative game was Friday/Saturday only?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to join in the jetbike game on Saturday. I'll definitely be around.

      Delete
  4. The colours, the stripe pattern, the weathering, the whole approach. Everything is delightful here. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! It's amazing what the stripes add I think. A relatively understated white building becomes really eye catching.

      Delete
  5. Another corker! You're right - Adobe and rusted tech have a real nice feel (I guess we all just love tattooine at heart!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't beat Tattooine as a location I reckon :)

      Delete
  6. Great work to make those building look that bit more realistic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job with the horizontal stripes on the walls.

    I can see these making good early Ork buildings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like stripes :)

      They'd be great as orks buildings. A few glyphs and they'd be sorted.

      Delete
  8. Excellent addition to an already great looking town. I'm imagining a RT version of the small card saloon from the Deadwood series where Hickock was killed.

    ReplyDelete