Wednesday 22 June 2016

Make my day, punk!

Hobby time has been at a premium so far this week, so I've limited myself to a quick and simple paint job for another Logan's World mercenary. I selected the Mad Punk from the Rogue Trader Adventurers range as my newest addition to the mercenaries. With her utilitarian outfit and Mohican, she seemed a good fit.
 
Mad Punk, second row from bottom, second model from left (image from Stuff of Legends)


 
She got a very basic colour scheme - drab brown outfit, metal armour and black boots and gloves. Although the photo has washed out her face, you might just be able to make out the white eye-stripe sported by Logan's World mercenaries.
 

 

So that's three models from the gang completed - enough to be able to capture villainous alien criminals on the run I think!



14 comments:

  1. That moment when you were happy with your vision of a model and someone hands you the solution...
    I'm in love, it's fragile and tough at once, brilliant !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have different interpretations, although I guess my usual leanings would have been to have gone for bright punky colours. It was only be thinking about the setting that pushed me down the path of more neutral colours!

      Glad you like her :)

      Delete
  2. I really like that.

    The models slightly odd proportions - big hands and small head (by the standards of similar figures) have put me off for a long time, but you nailed it.

    Playing down the eighties punk vibe and playing up a sense of down to earth practicality balanced better than I would have guessed. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cheetor - as I said above, I would have usually gone with the punk vibe. I'm happy with the more earthy tones, in particular the brown which was washed with the Citadel camoshade wash - the first time I've used it.

      She does have big hands though - you can't get away from that fact!

      Delete
  3. Padded punching gloves?

    Anyway, great paint job. That drab brown is great, and drab generally is not something that we see enough in 40k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps she has padded gloves, perhaps she has over-sized mutant hands?! ;)

      Delete
  4. For a punk, in this colour scheme you've chosen, she really exudes 'law enforcement'! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting - I very nearly painted her up as part of my Adeptus Arbites squad last year (or possibly the year before). It has got a citi-def vibe about it now I think of it!

      Delete
  5. Lovely mate - understated and stylish. Perfectamundo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate! You say the nicest things :)

      Delete
  6. love this, great choice of colours, mohicans scream Helsreach to me, great work keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mohicans are pure Helsreach, I agree. I plan a semi-naked tattooed fat guy too ;)

      Delete
  7. 'Quick and simple' may have been your operative phrase but it looks real nice as in 'long and difficult process' nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I suspect that the photography has been kind, but I'll take the nice words ;)

      Delete