▼

Friday, 25 September 2026

Marooned in a Wasteland - Rogue Trader Ferals

I've wanted to make some Rogue Trader ferals for a long time. The template was already there with a couple of the figures from the Adventurers range - half-naked lunatics wearing tattered rags and furs, but still sporting advanced weaponry and carrying the odd high-tech bit of equipment.


My theory is that my group of ferals are the survivors from some disaster. What probably happened is that  an Imperial troop transport ship ran into difficulty whilst passing a wasteland world mainly composed of rocks, desert and searing temperatures. A bunch of imperial guardsmen were forced to abandon ship and now spend their time fighting off indigenous beasties and hoping for rescue. I'm aiming to build a small gang of these lads over the next couple of months, but for now here's a started group of three!


'Punk' (waving his laspistol around) and 'Hero' (goggles) are both unmodified figures from the RT Adventurers range. The big lad with the powerfist is converted from an old chaos thug with crab claw:



I removed the thug's crab claw arm and club, replacing the claw with a power fist and the club with a boltgun:




He got a few accessories on his belt to increase the scifi-ness, and that was that!


I kept the paint schemes simple for these - plenty of flesh and bleached hair. I did have fun copying the RT imperial guard camo and squad badge for Hero. I also gave all of them imperial aquila tattoos (Punk's is on the right side of his skull so you can't see it!).




Captain Fist followed the same approach - he's just wearing a little bit more and has a cool power fist to paint.





I'm planning to dip in and out of this project as the mood takes me, but I have a bunch more similar figures at various stages of WIP to add to the group.



8 comments:

  1. Oooh! Do you know what would be perfect for this; the old Marauder Chaos Thugs and the old Gorkamorka Diggas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely got my eyes on a few of those! Thanks Gretchin 🙂

      Delete
  2. Really liking these! Reminds me of some of the black and white art form the original RT rulebook or Dark Future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, that's totally the vibe I was hoping for!

      Delete
  3. They all look superb! Right from the old days when Mad Max 2 was setting the path. I can totally see them in a Logan's World setting, fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mad Max has got a lot to answer for hasn't it?! Definitely set the bar for cool post-apoc styles.

      Delete